Friday, September 23, 2011

4 years already?!

Yup, Den and I have been in wedded bliss for 4 years. Its amazing how fast time flies! Seems just like yesterday we were dating. Its funny, because we each have a different opinion on our dating days. I like to hear his, while he just laughs at mine because he thinks I'm crazy. HAHA! But none the less. We still love eachother very much, and I am so thankful to have him as my partner for ETERNITY. I love everything about him. He's such a hard worker.

Speaking of Hard work. Den has decided to make this gig in the military a carreer. Obviously I was jumping for joy when he brought it up to me. But my love for him is more than my dislike of the lifestyle. He has a three week training. Yesterday, he had to get sprayed with OC spray, shich he describes as pepper spray on steroids. I didn't think it'd be too bad, but when he walked in the door he had sun glasses on and looked like he was in pain, his face was red and his eyes looked like he'd been crying...like the ugly cry. Then later that night he decided he'd try to wash it off then it reactivated on him..Oh boy! If you want to see what OC spray does you should Youtube it! When I sit and think of it, the military has been really good to us. We get well taken care of with our benefits. And while we get to see different parts of the world we otherwise wouldn't have been able to. It makes me nervous for the kid part. I don't want our kids not to have any friends because we aren't in a place long enough to make them. But this we can worry about when we finally have kids.

Den and I have decided we want to add one more to our family. Nope, not an announcement (how I wish though!). It seems getting pregnant is easier said than done. And of course it doesn't help when your husband is gone for 8 months of the year. But I've seen many doctors to check for PCOS and back home the 3 of them said I was cyst free. So AAAALLLLL of the blood work confirmed it. Then we move to Washington, and the first thing they want to do is take labs. NO! I've been through it enough. Just do an xray or whatever it is they can do. I've have 3 labs taken in less than a year. Can't they just go off of that? Obviously not, I don't get it... But I'll be compliant, because as my mom has taught me "having patients is what gets you the big prize!". So now that I'm on 3 different hormonal medication, I ask that everyone please say a short or big prayer for my husband. I don't remember being so bossy, and irratible. But I do make an effort to stay patient and understanding. It isn't him so much as it is me. I feel horrible for the people who want so badly to have kids but cannot. I pray,pray,pray, this goes our way, and we end up with a healthy baby.

And to add to all this change, I've gotten 2 really good job offers. And finally decided on one. I'm at Smart Style right now. I was embarassed to tell anyone. Because this isn't the salon I want to be at. I feel like I'm better than a darn Walmart haircut. However, it isn't a Walmart owned salon. Regis owns it. And Regis owns mannnny salons. So, if you burn your bridges at one you most likley will never work for Regis again. So one of the other salons that offered me a job was a regis salon. And the one I'm at now won't release my papers to them. Irritating. So I took the one that is closer to my home. I'm really excited to start this job. They use JOICO products which is what I was taught from. So I don't have to learn a different product line. AND they give ongoing training. Perfect! I couldn't be more happy!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on 4 years!!! Woot woot! It's crazy to think of all that has happened in 4 years! You guys have been through a lot! And there's still more change to come, obviously as you've already pointed out! It was great to read another update! Love ya girly!! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete