Monday, September 12, 2011

Remembering when...



September 11, 2011. Was a day that would forever change our lives as we knew it. A day that, brought much sorrow and heart ache to many Americans. I remember that exact day. A day that everyone came together as equals. Its crazy because I can't remember anyother day of events from that year or any year. But that day, from start to finish. I woke up, it was a normal day, and I was getting ready for school and listening to the radio station. And the guy said that an airplane ran into a world trade center. I turned on the news in time to see the second airplane hit. And then went to school. I remeber everyone in the halls talking about it. My first hour class was with Mrs. Wiese. I remember watching the news and seeing our spanish teacher running back and forth from her room to I'm not sure where, in panic. I turned around in time to see the first building fall. I remember that feeling, my heart dropped. Looking back now, man, leaves me speechless. The feeling of sadness for those people. My spanish teacher was origionally from NY and still had many family and friends there. All family was counted for. Our blessing in the family from that day was, as the corprate world travels, so did my uncle. It wasn't less than month before that day that he was there. Originally scheduled to be there that day. Wow, lucky.



10 years later, I'm watching this 9/11 never forget special. The feeling of seeing that footage again, is humbling. to say the least. The sacrafice that those firemen made was incrediable. The desperation of the people in those towers. To see, to hear, the bodies falling from the building. I can't even imagine. With my husband in the military, I see first-hand the sacrafice, the hard work, and dedication these men and women make to help our lives, and our country to run a bit smoothly. I've never been so proud to live in such a special country. I thank god, for all my many, many, blessings. For the country I live in, for the people in my life that brings me so much happiness, and love. for all of these things and many more I will forever be thankful, and remember to count my blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment