Sunday, December 26, 2010

Just a small, random, post. Now that Christmas is over, I just have January to look forward to. I cannot wait for Den to get home. Before he left, I pictured this time away from eachother a lot easier. I find that some days are easier than others. But overall, this is by far the worst expierence I've ever been through so far being married. I don't expect it to get any easier. Sometimes I question if I'm cut out to be a military wife. I want to be the best wife to my husband that I can. Because he deserves it. But, I'm scared of the future, being alone. With family so far away, from everyone that I love. This isn't the easiest life but as long as I can be with Den I am a happy camper. I will make the most of our time together, and when he's gone on diployment I know that my family and friends are just a phone call away, and a skype away! ;) I am love with him, and look up to him with everything he does!!

I found these poems and want to share them:

Dear Lord,
A Navy wife I choose to be,
My husband's job to keep me free.
He must sail to foreign lands;
While he's gone, hold thou my hands,
When worries seem too much to bear;
Embrace me with thy loving care.
If days are boring, and nights too long,
Keep me father from all the wrong.
When I am weak and torn by fears,
Please father, dry my helpless tears.
You know indeed that I am frail;
Help me to send him Cheerful mail.
And as my lonely vigil stand,
My prayer is this: Please hold my hand.
-----------------------------------------------------

Dear Lord, give me greatness of heart to see,
The difference between duty and his love for me,

Give me a task to do each day,
To help pass the time while he's away.

Give me the understanding, so that I may know,
That when duty calls he must go;

And, Dear Lord, When he goes out to sea,
Please bring him home safely to me.
----------------------------------------------------

I have to say, I am thankful for the man I have. For the unconditional love he has for me. Even through all my imperfections, and faults, he is there for me. I adore him, and will forever be thankful for this sacrafice he has made for us. Because as hard as it is for me to be away from him, I know it's just as hard for him. I pray, that I may be positive and supportive and whatever else he needs from me. I hope I can fullfil those emotions for him!

1 comment:

  1. I think you are one of the strongest people I know! Seriously! I really admire you!! I don't know if I could be as strong as you are in this situation. You are so selfLESS and positive and FUN! (I'm sure Den would agree ;) I love you!! And guess what??? Only 3 more effing days!!!!!!!!! Yay! I can't wait for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete