Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fishin'







Den has found a newly cheap past-time! FISHIN'! He's gone a few times with his cousin, and just recently picked it back up, and hasn't missed a week yet! :) It's so fun to see him get so excited to go do something. I love being with him so I went one day, and we had a great time! Well I decided that if I was going to join him, I'd either need a huge book to read or a fishing licence! Any of you who know me, know I'm not a big fan of reading. I will, but I usually don't do it for fun unless its a wonderful book! Any way, so Den and I went to Wal-mart to get some bait for him and he bought me a fishing pole, and a licence! I'm Officially a fishin lady! We went to Weston to go fishing at 5 am! My gosh those fish are demanding to make us wake up that early (I almost concidered not going because it was so early) :) haha. When we got there the first two hours or so were so dang booring!! You cast you reel, you cast you get stuck on moss, you cast and get a nibble, I was getting so frustrated! UNTIL... I moved spots and then caught our first fish of the day!! Poor Den, I'm kind of grossed out about the whole pinching the worm and hooking it, I'm also very grossed out about taking the hook out of a flopping fishs' mouth. So every time I caught a fish I'd yell for him, and he'd run over and do his job. I ended up catching three bass, one rainbow trout, one perch.
Then they'd had enough of me. Then it was Den's turn to catch.. and he caught quite a few trout. I had my camera with me because I ofcourse wanted pictures! Well I decided to just take a video and while I was recording, he caught a fish, took out the hook, and this fish was not having it! He flopped and flopped and poor Den, was trying so hard to not let him back in, and finally Den lost the battle! He was super annoyed with me because I wasn't helping. But, I didn't know what was really going on, i thought he really had it. Once the day was over we had a great laugh about it. I left sooooo burnt! I didn't even think to bring spf! :P my face was in so much pain! But we had a great time none the less! I forgot to mention, I've come to terms with hooking my own worm! I just have to find something else to snip it with. I'm still trying to get not so grossed out with the hook, and I don't think I'll ever be okay with gutting it! YUCK!


It isn't very big. But it's my 1st!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment