Thursday, July 26, 2012

back at it agian

Hi everyone!

We've had quite the busy past few months. Den has just left on his 3rd small deployment. I don't know if I even consider it a deployment. Other than he isn't home. I had to say goodbye to him 3 times and by the third time I was over it. I never want him to leave but I wanted to get the ball on the roll. The boat had a short little one week trial run and Den was able to sit that one out. Jean isn't doing well. Before they were supposed to leave Den called out to his parents house and was able to talk to his brother Mike and I don't know what was said but I know what he heard was emotional, and hard to hear. So the next day he had duty ( Duty is when they stay on the boat overnight guarding it..) I called home and talked to his brother and sister. Both said she isn't doing well. And from there I didn't want Den to have any regrets.
I can't imagine how painful it is to watch a parent someone you love, respect, and cherrish, suffer. Mostly knowing that all your sibilings are there and you can't be there. So once I got the scoop from each sibiling I knew that I had to send him home. I called the chief of the boat and talked to him to ask if I was being crazy. But he agreed that he needed to go home. He left three days later and was home with his family for 10 days. He told me that, that was one of the best visits home he had ever had. He had no regrets. So for that I'm thankful.
After 10 days gone I was glad to have him home for a few days. Then he was on the go again. That is getting way too normal. I don't care what anyone says. it doesn't get any easier.
In the military people come and go all the time. I've always said I've hated it here. but just as I start making new friends they move. these are the best people I've ever met. They are both such good hearted people. I'm thankful for people like them. More often than not, the people here are all about themselves. Its like a piece of home with them.

I didn't realize we had a board walk that was so close to the water. I think I found my new favorite place!!! :) hopefully it doesnt take me another few months to do another post! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I hope not. I like to read your posts. Keep trucking through the stuff times. You are such an amazing wife to do that for Denins. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for another update! Thanks! I love updates! I love the picture! I am so so so sorry about Jean! She is an amazing sweet wonderful woman! I am so glad Dennis was able to come home and spend time with her and that it was a good visit! You are amazing! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete