Monday, August 1, 2011

Opsec, and updates!

Since, I get asked all the time how Den is doing, I have to post this. Because I feel bad for not being able to say any thing. Because I am only allowed limited information to begin with... So the military has a tight grip on the info. and because of that, they've developed "OPSEC" aka "Operation Security". Here's a brief description about it..
Opsec is keeping potential adversaries from discovering our critical information. as the name suggests, it protects our operations-planned, in progress, and those completed. Success depends on secrecy and surprise, so the military can accomplish the mission at task faster, and with LESS risk. Our adverseries want our informaiton, and they know going to a member of the military isn't an option (in most cases, I just read of a sailor trying to sell confidential information to a person who was actually FBI undercover, which makes me so upset, because this could cause our guys to come home later. This guy is getting "kicked out" of the military, and is now facing life in prison.To me, it's so not worth the money.) So they wait for us, the family, to spill the beans.
But since this has already gone public I can share it.
http://http://www.thenorthwestnavigator.com/news/2011/jul/21/ohio-visits-yokosuka-japan/

Enjoy!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment